This document is for .NET developers who would like to get started building Photino projects in .NET or Blazor and for those who would like to contribute to the samples repository.
These samples represent a wide range of starter projects that highlight the use of various web UI frameworks and Photino capabilities on the .NET platform.
The Visual Studio solution source code can be found in the GitHub repository.
If you just want to use the samples projects (not become a contributor), we recommend installing the project templates for Visual Studio and/or dotnet CLI (with or without VS Code). The templates will create the sample projects.
The following templates are available and new samples will be added:
- photinoapp - basic .NET 5 sample
- photinoangular - basic sample with Angular framework
- photinoreact - basic sample with React.js framework
- photinovue - basic sample with Vue.js framework
- photino3d - uses 3.js library to render 3d graphics
- photino3dreact - uses 3.js library to render 3d graphics in the React.js framework
- photinoappwithapi - make WebAPI calls from UI to application (separate WebAPI project)
- photinogrpc - make gRPC calls from UI to application (single project)
- photinoadvanced - WebAPI, OS interactions, PowerShell commands and system dialogs
- photinoblazor - Blazor UI
Use standard Visual Studio build procedures for Visual Studio. If you're using the dotnet CLI (with or without VS CODE), use the standard
dotnet build, and
dotnet run commands.